Your air conditioning system breaking down during a hot summer night is a nightmare that no one wants to go through. Regular maintenance of your air conditioning unit helps keep the air conditioning unit in check. The internal parts of the air conditioner require cleaning and maintenance to function to their fullest capacity. When you neglect your annual air conditioning maintenance checks, you ignore the decline in the performance of your air conditioner that can be easily prevented by a simple maintenance check.
Do you require Ac service in Bowling Green? Ponder over and pick the best option for yourself when concerning AC services.
Air Conditioning Parts: Service They Need
Various internal parts of the air conditioning unit require specific cleaning to function efficiently.
- Air Conditioner Filters: Cleaning or replacing the filters in extreme conditions maintains the efficiency of the air conditioning unit. Dirty filters that may be clogged disrupt the airflow and cause the air conditioner’s efficiency to reduce significantly. The filter may also carry the dirt with the air into the evaporator coil due to an obstructed airflow. Replacing a dirty filter will also lower the energy consumption of your air conditioning unit relatively.
- Air Conditioner Coils: Dust is collected on the air conditioner’s coils, both evaporator and condenser, if they aren’t cleaned regularly. The evaporator coil will, however, continue collecting dirt even after a clean filter has been placed. The dirt that gets collected reduces the airflow and also reduces the ability to absorb the heat. Cleaning the debris collected on the condenser coil allows good airflow. The air conditioning coils must be cleaned every year to avoid lessening their efficiency.
- Coil Fins: The evaporator and condenser coils contain aluminum fins that are easily bent to block airflow through the coil. A fin comb combs the fins in their original condition.
- Condensate Drains: Clogged drains prevent the unit from reducing any humidity, and this can cause the gathering of excessive moisture on the walls of the rooms. The drain channels can pass a stiff wire through the drain channels.
What Does An Air Conditioning Maintenance Service Require?
When you hire a professional technician to carry out a thorough maintenance check for your air conditioning system, the technician will find and solve any issues in your air conditioning system. However, a standard air conditioning maintenance service contains the following processes:
- Checking the amount of refrigerant present.
- Using a leak detector to find out if any refrigerant leaks exist.
- Capturing any leaked refrigerant, as releasing it into the open air is illegal.
- Checking for duct leaks in the central air conditioning system and sealing them.
- Measuring the airflow in the evaporator coil.
- Checking the electric control sequence.
- Making sure that the cooling and the heating system are not operating simultaneously.
- Cleanse and tighten all electrical connections.
- Check belts for tightness and wear.
- Oil all motors.
- Check the functioning of the thermostat